Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
- 3/4 cup small cauliflowerets
- 3/4 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup halved thinly sliced carrot
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and carrot
- in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir
- in 1-1/4 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the flour and remaining milk until smooth; add to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
I quadrupled this recipe so there was enough for more than one meal. I also added some chopped celery.
Next time I'm temped to add potatoes and bacon. Delicious served with warm bread.