Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
2 whole large Cloves Of Garlic Minced
2 Tbl Olive Oil
2 10 3/4 oz Cans of Condensed Tomato Soup
1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped or 2 Tbl Of Sun Dried Tomato Paste
2 cups Half-and-half
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 Tbl Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 whole 9 Oz Package Of Cheese Filled Tortellini
1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown.
Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.
When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices.
Bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
After tortellini are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Monday, February 11, 2013
Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars-Adapted from Pinterest
1 Duncan Hines box Red Velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 package white chocolate pudding mix
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 package Oreos
8 ounce package cream cheese
1/2 package (1/2lb) chocolate bark (CandiQuick) (or about 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips)
mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix well until thoroughly combined (2-3 minutes on medium of electric mixer).
- Spray a 9x13 with nonstick cooking spray. I like the baking variety that has flour in it. Then spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. It will be VERY thick, use the back of a spoon (or clean hands) to help spread it into all edges of the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (ovens vary so watch closely). Let cool completely before flipping out.
- Crush package of Oreos in a food processor (or in a large plastic bag and rolling pin).
- Melt cream cheese for 15 seconds in a microwave to soften.
- Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth.
- Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands to help press it down instead of spreading to avoid tearing the brownies.
- Melt chocolate candy bark (or chocolate chips) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
- Let cool competely before cutting into squares.
|Not a great picture but shows all the layers!!|
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Chicken Rice a Roni Casserole
1-Box Chicken Rice a Roni
1-Can cream of _____ Soup- I used Cream of chicken
8oz Sour Cream
3-4 cups Cooked and cubed Chicken
Optional-Add a veggie of your choice and top with bread crumbs before baking.
Pre-heat oven at 350 . Prepare Rice A Roni according to directions. Add soup, sour cream and chicken. Stir to combine. Spread evenly in a sprayed 9x13 pan. Bake 45-60 min. You can also add a veggie. ( added chopped broccoli and then topped it with bread crumbs).
Monday, February 4, 2013
Butterscotch Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of pumpkin
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 11oz bag of butterscotch morsels
3 Tbs. Butter
4 Tbs. Milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. Vanilla
1cup powered sugar
Preheat oven to 350'. Mix all ingredients for cookies together until convinced. Drop a TBS full onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cooling rack. For icing....in a small sauce pan melt butter. Add milk an brown sugar an cook. Remove from heat an let cool. Then add vanilla an powdered sugar. Drizzle over cookies. Makes about 1 1/2 - 2 dozen