Tuesday, October 8, 2013
1-Bag of Oreos-Crushed
8oz-Cream Cheese Softened
1/4 Cup Butter
1-Cup Powdered Sugar
2-Small boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding
1/2 -tsp Vanilla
12 oz -Cool Whip -thawed
Cream together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix together pudding and milk, chill until set. Fold in cool whip after pudding has set. Add the cream cheese mixture. Layer crushed Oreos and then pudding mixture in a bowl.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Tortellini Sausage Soup
3 links Italian sausage (the kind that is uncooked in casings)
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 onion, diced
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup apple cider-I did not use this
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce- I used a 15oz can
1 cup chopped carrots
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 medium zucchini, grated (no need to peel)-I used a bag of chopped spinach
2 tablespoons dried parsley
8-10 ounce package refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
In a large pot, cook the sausage over medium heat until it starts to brown, using a wooden spoon to crumble as it cooks. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Continue cooking until the onions are translucent and the sausage is cooked through. Drain any excess grease, if needed (alternately, if your sausage is extra lean, you may need to add a drizzle of olive oil to keep it from sticking).
- Stir in the chicken broth, apple cider, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, carrots, oregano, and basil. Bring the soup to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in zucchini and parsley simmer for 10-12 minutes. Add the tortellini and cook until tender (usually only a couple of minutes, even when the packages call for 7-9 minutes cooking time, I only cook the tortellini for 4-5 minutes so it doesn't fall apart). Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
2 whole large Cloves Of Garlic Minced
2 Tbl Olive Oil
2 10 3/4 oz Cans of Condensed Tomato Soup
1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped or 2 Tbl Of Sun Dried Tomato Paste
2 cups Half-and-half
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 Tbl Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 whole 9 Oz Package Of Cheese Filled Tortellini
1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown.
Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.
When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices.
Bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
After tortellini are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Monday, February 11, 2013
Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars-Adapted from Pinterest
1 Duncan Hines box Red Velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 package white chocolate pudding mix
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 package Oreos
8 ounce package cream cheese
1/2 package (1/2lb) chocolate bark (CandiQuick) (or about 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips)
mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix well until thoroughly combined (2-3 minutes on medium of electric mixer).
- Spray a 9x13 with nonstick cooking spray. I like the baking variety that has flour in it. Then spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. It will be VERY thick, use the back of a spoon (or clean hands) to help spread it into all edges of the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (ovens vary so watch closely). Let cool completely before flipping out.
- Crush package of Oreos in a food processor (or in a large plastic bag and rolling pin).
- Melt cream cheese for 15 seconds in a microwave to soften.
- Stir together crushed Oreos and cream cheese until blended smooth.
- Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands to help press it down instead of spreading to avoid tearing the brownies.
- Melt chocolate candy bark (or chocolate chips) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
- Let cool competely before cutting into squares.
|Not a great picture but shows all the layers!!|
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Chicken Rice a Roni Casserole
1-Box Chicken Rice a Roni
1-Can cream of _____ Soup- I used Cream of chicken
8oz Sour Cream
3-4 cups Cooked and cubed Chicken
Optional-Add a veggie of your choice and top with bread crumbs before baking.
Pre-heat oven at 350 . Prepare Rice A Roni according to directions. Add soup, sour cream and chicken. Stir to combine. Spread evenly in a sprayed 9x13 pan. Bake 45-60 min. You can also add a veggie. ( added chopped broccoli and then topped it with bread crumbs).
Monday, February 4, 2013
Butterscotch Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of pumpkin
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 11oz bag of butterscotch morsels
3 Tbs. Butter
4 Tbs. Milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. Vanilla
1cup powered sugar
Preheat oven to 350'. Mix all ingredients for cookies together until convinced. Drop a TBS full onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cooling rack. For icing....in a small sauce pan melt butter. Add milk an brown sugar an cook. Remove from heat an let cool. Then add vanilla an powdered sugar. Drizzle over cookies. Makes about 1 1/2 - 2 dozen
Monday, January 28, 2013
These are out of this world and just the right snack for any party (Superbowl). Hubby, Haylie and I spent our Saturday evening with friends; I made these and the were gone before we knew it. Not a crumb left in the pan. I beg you to make these. =)
I was not able to get a picutre of them they were gone before I could snap one but the pic below is from the website I got the recipe from (Thanks Christine). Yummy huh?
Cheesy Ranch Tater Tots
Adapted from Fantastic Family Favorites
1 bag frozen tater tots (or french fries) I used tots
Sour Cream Ranch Sauce
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup milk
1 cup (or as much as you like) Shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits
1/4 cup green onions
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook frozen tater tots according to package directions.
2. Spread 3/4 of the sour cream ranch sauce onto an oven safe serving platter. (I used a cookie sheet)
3. Arrange tots on top of the sauce.
4. Drizzle remaining sauce on the top, and sprinkle on the toppings.
5. Place under broiler for a few seconds to melt the cheese.
Friday, January 25, 2013
These are fantastic! They are super easy! You can substitute chocolate chips to make chocolate chip cookie bars too or maybe even mint chips. =)
Thick and Chewy M&M Cookie Bars
adapted from fantastic family favorites
2 1/8 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 TBSPs butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 12oz bag M&M's, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position. Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, letting the excess hang over the edges of the pan by about 1 inch so you can grab those edges and pull the bars from the pan after they have baked. Spray the foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside. Whisk the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in 1 cup of M&M's and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Sprinkle remaining M&M's on top and press in slightly.
3. Bake until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch, and edges start pulling away from sides of pan, 24-28 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Remove the bars from the pan by lifting the foil overhang and transfer them to a cutting board. Cut into squares and serve.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
So I've been on a soup kick lately, that's because it has been cold and/or rainy for what seems like a very long time. So enjoy yet another soup recipe. I got this recipe from a friend from school.
Thank you Amber
1 1/2 cups water
2 Cups cubed peeled potatoes
2 small carrots grated
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup green pepper chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon beef bouillon (I use chicken, because that's what I have on hand)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 lbs ground beef browned
2 1/2 cups milk, divided
3 tablespoons of flour
8 oz of Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/4-1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, optional-I did not add this.
1/2 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk; heat through. Combine flour and the rest of the milk together until smooth, gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir in
cheese until melted. Add cayenne pepper of desired. Top with bacon just before serving.
Sorry I don't have a picture of this but it was gone before I remembered to get a picture. You can visit LuLu The Baker's blog and check out some pics there. http://luluthebaker.blogspot.com/2011/09/cheesy-vegetable-chowder.html
But here is the recipe for this delicious soup!
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped carrot
1 celery stick, finely chopped (feel free to add more celery if you like celery; I don't, so I don't add much)
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
4 cups chicken broth (I usually use a mixture of low-sodium chicken broth and broth made with chicken soup base because it gives it such nice flavor)2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Tablespoon flour
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup milk
2 cups chopped broccoli
Heaping cups shredded cheddar cheese
Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute over medium heat until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 or 2 additional minutes. Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender. Mix flour with water, add, and simmer until soup is slightly thickened. Add milk and broccoli and cook until broccoli is just tender and soup is heated through. Stir in cheese, allow to melt, and serve.